Monday 8 June 2015

Practicing French


Learning languages has always been cool but never easy for a Tülin. I imagine that's partly because of inconsistency, which seems to be a key component to success in a lot of things. Do I regularly practice a language? No. Then how can I expect to be good at it? I suppose in order to be fluent you need some kind of strategy. That said, my current goal is to be able to read French more easily and increase my vocabulary. To achieve it, I've been using Duolingo. I'm not too serious in becoming good in French just yet, but I expect if I was I'd be using a couple of other sources as well. My grammar in particular would need heavy improvement. But if I want to retain even small bits of what I learn from Duolingo I still need to be consistent in my practice. It's just how the brain works :)

I've been focusing on the more interesting bits of easy-French. That is, food and animals. (Of course.) In the program I've only covered the colours black (noir) and rouge (red) which means le canard et le papillon are all punks and rockers. Probably sporting some kind of mohawk and chain garment.

Unfortunately le papillion could not attend today's blog due to an accident while wearing chain mail.

I have been thinking about making some kind of flash cards to help me remember some of these phrases. Because a problem I'm having is that there is a lot of food and different kinds of animals in the French vocabulary. (Surprise, surprise.) It's a lot to remember. Maybe I'll make some kind of Tumblr acc. for the 'Lols'. I don't know. I have been finding that I have a lot of extra time on my hands. Some of the phrases I've been learning are a bit tricky to draw...


Well then, until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment