Monday 18 March 2013

A tired nonsense post.

Firstly, I apologise for this post. Tiredness and I have been cheating on life for quite a while, so while I will try to be coheriant in writing, I may occasion drift and lose the strength to guard grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc. So conclusively, bare with me!

But on the upside, things have been moving along quite nicely. I've finally got round to reading The Time Traveller's Wife and The Other Hand. I enjoyed both books, but I found The Other Hand best written and more gripping. (I'll write reviews later.) I've started reading "Jpod" by Doulas Coupland, which is a very weird humour book. It's kept me entertained though. I'll also probably try to read a couple of others on a go, it makes it easier to read more sad or serious stuff when I have a crazy wacko humour book to read now and then to dilute things a bit.

My appetite is a bit screwed again, but I'm trying to eat more, again. Maybe I'll talk about recipes I followed in future posts.

I've been volunteering for a charity dedicated to raise awareness for hearing loss and the deaf commuinity [among many other related things] which has been great. Funnily enough, there was a strange coincidence today. I was an event in Bristol, and I was introduced to a particular lady who was responsible for managing events in the South East of London. That includes East Anglia, where I'm from. We were talking, and she mentioned she was doing an event in my hometown, on the Monday when I'm actually home. So... I'll be helping out there too. It is strange. I could have passed this opportunity to get involved with the charity in the first place. I could have let myself sink further down to a pool of anxiety and depression. But that one time I didn't has lead to some pretty good things. Of course, it's not always that simple. And if it was a matter of myself simply deciding not to feel down then the game of life would be much easier.

I also met a man who is very good at sign language, and combines it with religion.
Oh, religion and deafness is also what I really want to do for my third year dissentation. I've decided that writing a novel for marking in a short time is not for me. I'll still do creative writing, but I really want to get involved with research within the study of religion, especially with a sociological perspective.

I imagine if I told my brother about all this, he'd find it quite a bit boring. But maybe he'll like me talking about the LARP game I was involved with Saturday, and another I will be involved in later this week.
 If I get enough sleep.

Speaking of which, adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment