Wednesday 20 March 2013

Classical Guitar

I've always enjoyed sound and admired instruments, but until recently, I never felt fulfilled playing the guitar. I was always the drummer girl, or the ninja sneaking into the pianos in highschool and university. My dad taught me a few chords, and a therapist taught me how to play a short melody, but I was never really inspired. Then came a boy who was very interested in ukuleles, and suddenly, strings became interesting again. I could bring my guitar to university and use it to escape from stress and woes. Now I weave between four strings and six, and I find it fun. I want to learn more and get better.


While walking around in Bath, I happened to come across a man playing a familiar melody, and when he finished, I asked him two questions. Firstly, what was the melody he was playing? It was "Romance" by Vincente Gomez. More than six years ago, a lady working at a hospital to taught me a simplified version, and now I could learn how to play it properly. The man caught my smile, and explained it was quite a popular melody on classic guitar. Then I asked, if I could take a photo of him playing. He said sure.
But of course I forgot to bring the memory card for my camera. I no longer have the cable to connect my camera to the laptop. So he's stuck in a little black box. He did look similar to the man in the video though, so I'll just pretend it's him.

No comments:

Post a Comment