Monday 18 November 2013

Adventure and Storytelling

So I've been travelling again recently which as usual has been a mix of exhaustion and adventure. On my travels home last Friday I received an "energy stone" and met kind (and possibly rather bored) travellers on an equally long journey as mine. I also weaved through many footballers, drunks and the usual busy Londoner through the tubes and towards the next station. I am to travel again actually - I should start packing now because I am to leave at quarter to nine and it is eight already. For some reason my heart feels light. If I were to breath in deep I feel it would lift upwards to my throat. Perhaps it's too soon to go back, or perhaps I know I'm too tired to be sane for their adventure.
I should get home about hmm, ten past two in the morning?
Recently I have interviewed a very nice man for my dissertation on religion, with other interviews booked ahead in time. Work is generally going fine, though I need to focus on my Japanese essay.
I'm thinking of a few things.
Firstly the need to become a storyteller. I have a very close brother and a cousin who is practically a sister that I see often when I am home. We were telling stories in the dark which made me realise - I didn't have any.
I used to know of a man who would be able to improvise off the bat and would probably comment on the lack of need for a 'prepared story'. I can improvise a plot, but never a story. A story needs adventure! Pace! Drama! Something I stumble on without a framework in place. So! I've decided to write some for the future. You never know when telling a good story will be handy.
My other thoughts are thinking of December. Christmas is coming soon, but I am not yet ready to acknowledge it nor dedicate any time. (Though watch out Noble House, I shall swarm it with decorations in due course!) For me, Christmas is not merely a period of "joy" but it is also the peek of frustrated, angry crowds, panic and stress. Kitchen staff get swamped by orders and work hours becoming even more demanding. I've noticed the cars in the road become more impatient too, and dare I mention the beginning of third year deadlines?
Oh boy.
I guess there's mixed feelings, but while I'm nervous about my travel home I look forward to the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment