Monday 10 September 2012

Flicker

The film flickers, but always on a constant animation, rolling forward the course of life. Colours sometimes fade, but, they've always been there, sometimes dulled by imperfect images, imperfect mistakes. I think to myself, along with the philosophy of Miyavi that I will not die for you, but live for you. My recklessness will never be self contained in a prison, but harnessed in specific motion so that I can safely say with a smile, that my choices were made based with my own mind, my free-will. Perhaps, if I ever become old enough to watch the film, I will understand more about things I was too immature to decipher. But, just like when a film is projected on a big screen, at that point, each action is permanent. The director can only watch beneath two hands and pray he did a good enough job for his audience. But it is my hope and belief that living life this way, no matter the result or consequences will give satisfaction. No matter how long the reel is, no matter who the audience is. I wonder if you'll ever watch your own film, but I have a feeling, just like me, you'll never grow old enough in mind to reflect upon unimportant manners. Instead, you'll keep on producing a picture. No matter the quality of the last chapters, or the setting, you'll still live life instead of watch it go by. This is the nature and concept of living without regret.


No comments:

Post a Comment