Friday 21 June 2013

Art




I feel my blog is too melachony right now, so here's my attempt to fill it with a bit of colour in this post. I begin with Kashiwa Daisuke, one of my favourite composers. He's imaginative and extremely clever with a range of sounds and different genres. It's always a pleasure to listen to his works, so I highly recommend readers to have a look into his albums.

First painting after quite a few years!

First or second best so far. I enjoy painting trees.

I've also given a go at painting, and have a new painting project on the go which has been enjoyable and relaxing to work at.

Wasn't bad for  a first try!

Done a bit of baking too. This was the first rainbow cake I ever made, with the help of a couple of great friends. Note to self, grapefruit are not suitable for baking.


And this is salmon with rice and onions. This was so good. I found out later soy sauce contains gluten, woops. But this was a good meal. I enjoy boiling rice now. I have to eat gluten for 6 weeks in order to find if I am truly intolerant, so looks like I may as well enjoy soy sauce now for a while!



Other than food and painting, I've been travelling. Recently I went to Cumbria and my boyfriend went on a course and saw Maddy Prior. She even gave us *both* a hug. That was a good adventure.

I enjoyed the wild beauty of Cumbria.

Great place for walks when it's sunny
I've also been writing strange things here and there. I'm currently working on a horror story with double meanings that has been quite fun. Also been reading a few books here and there. I'm on goodreads now, which has been encouraging me to read more than usual. A close friend of mine has 740 books on goodreads, so of course, being the competitive person I am, I have to beat her. I have a lot of catching up to do first though... I am currently concentrating on The Tenderness of Wolves by Stef Penny as my main read, and frankly, it's getting a little boring right now. Maybe I lack the concentration span needed for this kind of read.

No comments:

Post a Comment