Thursday 20 June 2013

Falling

We were on a walk around campus. There was an alleyway, something fairly new, I knew I hadn't seen this area before, but despite that it was already looking old and worn. She said "lets go this way", and so we did. Soon the setting began to change, and it was more of a working class version of London's Embankment. There was a wooden roof made of logs above our heads, and we could see the sea. The weather was typically poor and now and again, the waves would spray us. Water leaked from the roof. We went as far as I dared, and then she went further, climbing a ladder to get a view of the sea from the roof. I didn't think it was possible to get back down, and I was worrying. Then, there was a big wave incoming. I leaped out of the way, but saw her fall from my left and sink. She didn't rise. I couldn't swim. But I didn't want her to die so.
The scene reversed. She was about to climb the ladder again, so I tied a robe round her leg and triple checked to make sure it was secure. She fell again, and this time I was shouting at a man nearby to help me pull her back. We managed it. She was so cold. I wrapped her up, knew she mustn't warm up too quickly, and wanted to give her something hot to drink. 
The dream faded into black.

No comments:

Post a Comment