Wednesday 23 January 2013

Waking

I woke up late today. And while I sit on my bed and think "I will do lots of things to make this day it worth it", I find my concentration dwindling too quickly for any progress to become. On the laptop, I have the start of an essay I was meant to try and conquer a week ago. I also have a story that I've had several false starts and have struggled writing, despite liking the idea I had for it. And then comes the lectures and seminars, which I haven't really been attending. I think I'm so used to be tired, that even when I am awake, it feels like I am still half asleep.


Among many things, I've been listening to Brian Crain and his gentle piano music. He is a very good composer, if only perhaps a little too simple in some of his earlier work. It's nice to listen to in this kind of mood.

I've applied to volunteer at Action On Hearing Lost (RNID) yesterday, and funnily enough, they need a volunteer in Bath to work on Monday - the day I have off every week. If I think about it, it's quite a coincidence and luck that I know a little bit of Sign Language, and there have been occasional opportunities to learn at a church I sometimes attend. Things tend to work out better if I take advantage of these things, especially when they're right in front of me. I'll try to work harder from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment