Thursday 9 April 2015

Procrastination with Duolingo

I have a lot of important things to do.

So I log back onto Duolingo and decide to practice my French. I'm finding everytime I visit after a long period, I can remember just that little more, which is very nice. I've noticed they have also got Turkish available for English speakers in beta now. I would like to learn, but I think it would confuse me a bit too much. It also amuses me that Klingon is going to be a thing on Duolingo. I respect those who can make up languages, and equally those who decide to learn them for the fun of it. I am not sure how Duolingo will profit from Klingon interpreters though.

I am drinking some cheap cloudy lemonade. Sip sip sip. It doesn't taste too great. Too much lemon. Not enough artificer, know what I mean?

I've also been using Habit RPG recently. Having joined an active party, it's been quite encouraging to see mature users who have been through very similar circumstances and made it through the other side. You can make a to do list which is standard, as well as a 'dailies' list. Everytime you complete a task, you get a some gold and exp, just like a rpg. On my dailies I have done quite a few today. Ventured outside. Did something I didn't want to do. Made an effort to tidy up. I have three remaining.

  • Write 100 words of story/blog/poetry
  • Work on Thesis
  • Hit your daily word count.
Priorities eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment