Friday 13 December 2013

Little Cat

 

About a year ago I started working on a little side project called 'Little Cat'. This is probably the most quirkiest project I'll be sharing on my blog - but possibly the most interesting for blog readers. Little Cat is a game made with RPG Maker VX, which focuses on a single main character. The idea is that you are thrown in a very perculiar world with no real guide or aid to help you. It is up to you as the player to decide how to play the game and how to progress the levels.


At the beginning Little Cat was meant to be a simple demonstration on what is possible to achieve with the most basic knowledge of 'eventing' - making events and switches for the player to interact with or to happen when triggered and/or automatically. Some of my friends were interested in the program, and I thought, well, I'll make a rounded easy to play demo.

One year later.


I enjoy making Little Cat because the world is weird. There are some common features in the game which the player will learn and make use with caution. Little Cat is a puzzle/exploration rpg with combat scenes. There is a story to the game, but it's up to the player to find out.


Little Cat also relies on the player's interest to be adventurous. There are currently different paths one can choose, and different type of dungeons to explore. Events on map are numerous if one is curious and perhaps brave enough to find out. Players would be recommended to save regularly.



At the moment the maps are very simple, but because of the level of interaction the player has with their environment, I'm not too concerned. I'm hoping for an overall 'artistic', 'themed' look. Something that will make me think "Yes, this map is in the style of Little Cat."


If players do not mind strange and random events and want an unusual game to pass the time, I will be posting about a demo soon.

While the maps, writing, and custom graphics are made by myself, the music is imported from other sources. Nevertheless, the file shouldn't reach any significant size.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment